Anna Bolena is a music producer, promoter and videomaker and has taken part in several international music and video festivals. In 1995 she started as a techno DJ in the free parties alternative scene in Italy and Europe. She has an eclectic and experimental approach to both her live and music sets; her art follows a non-conformist approach with a socio-political narrative around radical ideas.
Interested in innovations and challenges, she runs the label Idroscalo Dischi since 1999 and the Video Production Idroscalo Digitale since 2005. In 2010, she started her residency as DJ at Homopatik Berlin and now regularly DJs at Buttons, a queer event at ://about blank.
1: Future is trans!
2: Technicism is killing the music
3: Do you need what you want?
1. What is the biggest inspiration for your music?
My endless curiosity about culture & society with a creative point of view
2. How and when did you get into making music?
In the 90s during a rave party.
3. What are 5 of your favourite albums of all time?
Hmm I prefer music
4. What do you associate with Berlin?
Violence & energy
5. What’s your favourite place in your town?
Oberbaum Bridge in Berlin
6. If there was no music in the world, what would you do instead?
7. What was the last record/music you bought?
Check it out
8. Who would you most like to collaborate with?
9. What was your best gig (as performer or spectator)?
10. How important is technology to your creative process?
It is only a tool. Ideas and good taste are more important
11. Do you have siblings and how do they feel about your career/art?
Yes, I have! My bro does not care about it. No problem.
Anna Bolena will play at Holzmund #5 at Urban Spree on 27th October 2017.