Balance Crew is the DJ duo behind Sameheads’ infamous TWISTA parties. They only exist in order to amuse each other. Balance Crew’s individual and more worthy musical endeavours however, can be found under their existing monikers L. Zylberberg and dane close. Currently available on Google (and through clicking the hyperlinks). The duo plays Krake Festival’s closing club event at Griessmuehle, starting on Saturday, 27th July 2019!
1: Every rose has its thorn.
2: The distances between Treptower Park and its connecting stations are the furthest distances between metro stations in the entire world.
3: You can prove anything with facts.
1. What is the biggest inspiration for your music?
2. How and when did you get into making music?
L. Zylberberg: In my childhood with a tape recorder, brother and jokes, Yamaha and fingers.
dane close: Umm, umm. You can put that actually.
3. What are 5 of your favourite albums of all time?
L: Creedence Gold
L: Cosmic Baby – Thinking About Myself
D: Ragga Twins – Reggae Owes Me Money
D: Zig Zag – Zig Zag
Both: Eddy Grant – Best Of
4. What do you associate with Berlin?
The Wall, sausages, smoking inside, Bier Baum 2, berlin club memes.
5. What’s your favourite place in your town?
6. If there was no music in the world, what would you do instead?
Invent music (™).
7. What was the last record/music you bought?
L: SEA URCHIN – Tahtib
D: Krush – House Arrest
8. Who would you most like to collaborate with?
9. What was your best gig (as performer or spectator)?
L: Dead Moon, 2 nights in a row at the Tote in Melbourne, prehistoric period.
D: Freaks at the The End in London, 2002.
10. How important is technology to your creative process?
We would always make do with what we have, but without the internet, no-one but the neighbours would hear and complain and then sometimes call the police.
11. Do you have siblings and how do they feel about your career/art?
L: Brother. Likes it.
D: Yes. They don’t.
Photo © Balance Crew