Cult Days is a rapper, artist and designer from El Cerrito, California.
1. 1. What is the biggest inspiration for your music?
2. How and when did you get into making music?
I started when I was 3 or 4, I would record myself singing on my parent’s cassette tape.
3. What are 5 of your favourite albums of all time?
Michael Jackson Dangerous, Michael Jackson Off the Wall, Madonna „Madonna“, Cult Days Oracle, Kool A.D. „Who Cares“ which isn’t out yet, and Michael Jackson Thriller
4. What do you associate with Berlin?
Electronic music, art films, galleries, fashion
5. What’s your favourite place in your town?
My House and my neighborhood, makes me feel like a safe child to be there.
6. If there was no music in the world, what would you do instead?
Paint, draw, write. Things I do now but I would just focus on them whole heartedly.
7. What was the last record/music you bought?
„Majid Jordan“ self titled album off itunes.
8. Who would you most like to collaborate with?
At this point probably Vangelis.
9. What was your best gig (as performer or spectator)?
I got to open for Makkonnen in San Francisco and I jumped on stage during his set, that was fun.
10. How important is technology to your creative process?
Paramount, I use technology for every part of my life now.
11. Do you have siblings and how do they feel about your career/art?
I have an older sister who’s a lawyer, she thinks it’s cool but it’s also stressing her out a little bit too because it’s challenging.
Cult Days is performing at Acud Macht Neu on 14.09.2017 with KOOL A.D.