Electric Indigo, DJ, composer, musician, has performed in 38 countries across Europe, Asia, and the Americas. She represents an intelligent and distinguished interpretation of techno and electronic music. Her DJ-sets are characterized by a wide variety with a clarity of vision and a depth that comes from a deep understand ing of the music and the art of DJing. As a composer and musician, she creates music for concert spaces, clubs, sound installations and occasionally for stage plays and short films. In her compositions and live performances, she emphasizes the spatial-temporal placement of subtly elaborated sounds and structures, often generated from speech recordings. Electric Indigo shuttles between Vienna and Berlin.
1: The circumstances of the Grenfell Tower fire are absolutely horrifying and need to be scrutinized
2: It’s my brother’s birthday today!
3: We are working diligently on the female:pressure FACTS Survey 2017…
1. What is the biggest inspiration for your music?
Hearing music by my friends, ideally live.
2. How and when did you get into making music?
It was progression from DJing that felt quite natural to me. My first studio visits must have been in 1990 or so, but it took a while to get my own gear and then an even longer while to really know how to work it.
3. What are 5 of your favourite albums of all time?
Kraftwerk – Computerwelt
Laurie Anderson – Big Science
Purcell – Dido and Aeneas w/ Jessye Norman
Missy Elliott – Under Construction
Rhythm & Sound – w/ The Artists
4. What do you associate with Berlin?
Hard Wax, the smell of lime-tree blossom and the most reliable techno clubs.
5. What’s your favourite place in your town?
Right now: the Donauinsel near the Freudenau power plant
6. If there was no music in the world, what would you do instead?
Of course, there is always music in the world. Even if it was solar wind only. But if I would not be able to work with music then I would work with paper and colours.
7. What was the last record/music you bought?
8. Who would you most like to collaborate with?
9. What was your best gig (as performer or spectator)?
Always the latest good one :) Today, this means my gig at FISH Market at Grelle Forelle in Vienna last Saturday, it was really amazing. The second best right now was my concert at Iklectik in London in May, the acoustics and PA in that room were just perfect for the listening piece 109.47 degrees.
10. How important is technology to your creative process?
Very important and actually my tools are also a huge inspiration. A lot of the artistic process lies in limitation, though.
11. Do you have siblings and how do they feel about your career/art?
I have two elder brothers and they are proud of me.