1: I saw a red moon rising fast in Tasmania
2: Fresh herbs make food taste better
3: Be kind with the animals
1. What is the biggest inspiration for your music?
Land scapes, birds, conversations, books, films… other’s people music….
For example for my latest record, Hand in Hand , i was inspired by the short stories of JG Ballards « Vermillion Sand s » as well as plant manuals. I find plants guides and manual full of great lyrics. Right now I am obsessed with the film La vallée by Barbet Schroeder, with the soundtrack by Pink Floyd. I really also enjoy reading the author Don Dellilo.
2. How and when did you get into making music?
I learned music at the public music school and then stopped because i thought i wasn’t good at it. I came back to music around 24 years old, first playing with friends and then going solo. I took me time to find my own way, but i think being slow is actually a good way to work.
3. What are 5 of your favourite albums of all time?
„all time » is a concept i have trouble with. But let’s say that for now i really enjoy listening to
– Private Parts by Robert Ashley
– Rubayiat by Dorothy Ashby
– Talk to the sea by Gigi Masin
– Hearing Music by Joanna Brouk
– POIEMUSIA LA NAU DELS ARGONAUTES by Pep LLopis
4. What do you associate with Berlin?
Long walks, green, rain, good food and good music, and also 1989 and frustuck
5. What’s your favourite place in your town?
I live in Rennes since two years but since i am travelling all the time i don’t spend so much time at home. So i would say my favourite place in Rennes is my appartment.
6. If there was no music in the world, what would you do instead?
I would be a bird.
7. What was the last record/music you bought?
I bought Sounds from the Archipelago – An Introduction to the Lush Indonesian Music Tradition – Vol. 1 and 2 published by Shiok records
8. Who would you most like to collaborate with?
An animal. It would be interesting to collaborate with a bear or parrot.
9. What was your best gig (as performer or spectator)?
I really enjoyed Thomas Ankersmit’s performance at Presences Electroniques this year.
10. How important is technology to your creative process?
It’s a tool. But i don’t spend a lot of money on it.
11. Do you have siblings and how do they feel about your career/art?
I am an only child but i feel that the other musicians published by Shelter Press are kind of part of a strange and lovely family.