Wolfgang Voigt (GAS)
Wolfgang Voigt, active member of Cologne’s minimal techno scene since the early 90s has recently reactivated his GAS moniker for a new release on his own Kompakt label. His newest release, “Narkopop” sees him return to his trademark sound: long-form ambience, both mournful and full of bliss.
1: Less is more
2: It’s there. You just can’t see it.
3: Freedom is more important than money
1. What is the biggest inspiration for your music.
Coincidence. Forgetfulness. Personal artistic fantasies.
2. How and when did you get into making music?
Always unexpected. Never when I have to, or want to.
3. What are 5 of your favourite albums of all time?
T.Rex – Greatest Hits
Miles Davis – Live Evil
DAF – Alles ist gut
Scritti Politti – Cupid & Psyche
Best of Chicago Acid House
4. What do you associate with Berlin?
The Capital of Techno
5. What’s your favourite place in your town?
The rooftop of my own house
6. If there was no music in the world, what would you do instead?
7. What was the last record/music you bought?
Best of Polka music.
8. Who would you most like to collaborate with?
With a more patient / uncomplaining version of myself
9. What was your best gig (as performer or spectator)?
I could never assess that.
10. How important is technology to your creative process?
Technology is the prerequisite for my work, but my only interest is what I’m able to do with it.
11. Do you have siblings and how do they feel about your career/art?
I have a sister and a brother. My brother is one of the partners in our music company.
We complement each other perfect in music as well as in business.
Wolfgang Voigt (GAS) will be perforing at at Funkhaus on 09.09.2017.