Good Morning are a two piece recording project made up of Stefan Blair (Gemini) and Liam Parsons (Aries). In a live setting they are joined by James Macleod (Libra) and John Considine (Sagittarius).
1: ants do sleep, a series of micro naps like leonardo da vinci or james franco
2: killer whales are named from a mistranslation of whale killer and are of the oceanic dolphin family
3: male sea horses are the child bearers of sea horse couples. the female deposits it’s eggs into the males pouch during mating
1. What is the biggest inspiration for your music?
My brain and my friends and family and other music.
2. How and when did you get into making music?
When i realised that i wasn’t any good at sports.
3. What are 5 of your favourite albums of all time?
This changes every single day but usually involves on the beach by neil young and madvillainy. at the moment the other three could well be blue by joni mitchell, blonde by frank ocean and wild is the wind by Nina Simone.
4. What do you associate with Berlin?
Being 19 years old with my friends and eating lots of turkish food and drinking a lot of beer and learning about nice things.
5. What’s your favourite place in your town?
I like the state library cause it’s quiet or the tote cause it’s not.
6. If there was no music in the world, what would you do instead?
Hopefully something practicall like learn how to make things like chairs and tables and stuff, but probably just watch a lot of tv.
7. What was the last record/music you bought?
A collection of demos by a band called cereal killer from geelong (i think)
8. Who would you most like to collaborate with?
9. What was your best gig (as performer or spectator)?
Performer – hopefully hasn’t happened yet spectator – kanye at rod laver arena in 2014 because of the diamond studded gimp mask and the screaming and the lights and the songs and the postivity or the uv race and the clits at lounge in 2013 cause i learned about good music existing around me.
10. How important is technology to your creative process?
Probably more important than i would care to admit or think about.
11. Do you have siblings and how do they feel about your career/art?
I got two older brothers, keith and tom and i love them both a lot. i think they’re pretty fine with.
Good Morning will be performing at Internet Explorer on September 21st: digitalinberlin.de/good-morning-2017/
To listen: soundcloud.com/goodmorningisaband/oppsie